The call for the MeetFactory AiR Program is open to visual artists from around the world and applies to stays spanning from 1 - 6 months. The call is issued twice per year.
The MeetFactory provides chosen candidates with:
- Background of the international multi-genre arts center.
- Livable studio and possibility to use the facilities of the residential floors (the Project Room, etc.).
- Full participation in the MeetFactory AiR Program - involvement in public events (open studios, presentations, workshops) and other activities of the MeetFactory AiR Program (trips, studio visit by curators, etc.).
- Networking and mediating contacts to Prague's, Czech and Slovak art scene.
- PR support - artist's profile on the MeetFactory webpage, promotion through the MeetFactory social networks, etc.
- Production assistance in the implementation of projects.
- Project proposal, that the artist intends to implement during his stay at the MeetFactory AiR Program
- Additional visual documentation - video, images or video documentation of existing works or projects, image or video documentation of realised exhibitions and installations, visualization of intended projects (optional)
- E - catalogues, e - publications or scanned versions of printed catalogues and publications related to the implementation of the project (optional)
- Letter of recommendation from previous residency or from the relevant experts in the field of art and culture (optional)
- Quality of the artist's work and its relevance for MeetFactory
- Quality of the proposed project and its relevance for MeetFactory
- Relevance for artist's work for Czech art scene
The open call is announced twice a year, in view of the possibility of obtaining individual grants and financial support for selected candidates, and with regard to the adequate preparation for the stay.
Participants will be informed about the results of the selection within 30 days from the closing date of the call. The selected candidates will be sent further information on how to proceed, the details of their stay, and financial conditions.
More information about the premises, studios and facilities of the MeetFactory AiR Program: MeetFactory Facilities
More information about the possibilities and activities of the MeetFactory AiR Program: MeetFactory Activities
The open call is not subsidized, reimbursement of costs associated with the stay is the responsibility of the applicant.
Nevertheless, the MeetFactory AiR Program coordinators provide applicants selected by the Arts Council consultations and further background in obtaining individual grants or other financial support.
Consultation includes (but is not limited to):
- Advice on grant scheme options (funds, foundations, cultural centers, etc. ) or sponsorship for each of the selected candidates
- Consultation of grant applications
- Consultation of grant budgets
Residency Program Committee
Applications for the AiR Program are overseen by the MeetFactory Arts Council, composed of
KARINA PFEIFFER KOTTOVÁ
This Open Call is not currently accepting applications.
Easily apply with the Works.io online artist tool. Works.io enables you to apply to this open call quickly, professionally and easily.
If you already have a Works.io artist account, Sign in and return to this page. You can find a shortcut link on your dashboard.
If you have not joined Works.io yet, Sign up and create your artist portfolio - Works.io is a free service! After signing up, return to this page to apply.
Works.io is an online tool that lets you show your work, manage your career, and get connected.
Works.io Open Call application requirements & conditions:
- To be reviewed your Works.io profile must be complete and your portfolio must consist of documented artworks, a comprehensive CV section and a short artist statement.
- Please read the CRITERIA section of this open call to be sure that your application meets the calls specific requirements.
- Up to the open call deadline, you can change and update your profile and portfolio anytime, it will automatically be updated.